My interests in making images lie in using forms derived from the human body and assembling these into new forms in a space that is ambivalent – front/top may be back/bottom or vice versa. I try to create a sense of tension, but I do want the colors, textures and lines to be pleasing. It is the assemblage of these into a world in the picture that I would like to be uncomfortable or unfamiliar or new – this I guess would depend on who is looking at the painting.
NYC Art Student’s League - September 1981 to June 1983 . Worked with Julian E. Levi, Richard-Poussette Dart and Marshall Glazer.
- December 1983 – Group exhibit with Cercle Artìstic Sant Lluc – Barcelona
Figure drawings and watercolors.
- May 1985 – Group exhibit – “Artist in Residence” Midtown Art Center, Houston, TX
- January 2005 – Group exhibit – Christ church, Mexico City, Mexico
Paintings, and figure drawings.
- March 2012 – June 2015 – Membership in Brooklyn Art Space – participated in several of their group shows and the Gowanus Art open studios festival.
- November 2015 - Selected to participate in 100 Gates project by the Lower East Side Community improvement project. www.100gates.nyc
- June 2016 - Solo exhibit at UpstART Gallery, Inwood, New York City
- February 2017 - Group exhibit at Long Island City Artists Praxall Gallery: "Eight Loves"
- February 2017 - Awarded Queens Council on the Arts grant for public works in the Sunnyside neighborhood of New York City.
Oil painting, pastel on wood, collage and drawing.